Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Momversation

I've always been so interested in the way our bodies work and even more interested in the miracle of giving birth. Not only that but everything about our reproductive systems just fascinates me. I especially love learning about the inner workings of our brains in regards to our emotions, pleasures, and how we subconsciously choose a mate. I honestly could read about it for hours. I sometimes wonder why I seriously decided to change my major from psychology to nursing. And now when I really think about it, I guess it was a smart decision. Aside from the fact that I simply cannot see myself as a psychologist, it would take much longer for me to actually become a psychologist than it would to become a nurse. And even though I'd be making bank, I'd get bored pretty quickly. Besides, I'm sure I'll learn much more dealing with lots of patients as a nurse than I would having a few long-term clients as a psychologist.

Anyway my original purpose for this blog was to mention Heather B. Armstrong, the mommy blogger, and the "momversations" she and other mommy bloggers engage in on http://www.momversation.com. I know I'm not a mom yet but I do like listening to women who are and how they choose to raise their children, etc. Yes, I'm lame and I'm proud of it :P I also watch Oprah when I can, don't hate. Anywho, when I do decide to squeeze out a few puppies, I'll video-blog my mommy opinions and become a mommy blogger as well :) I honestly can't wait to be a mother. Not because I feel I have so much knowledge to pass down, (because Lord knows I don't) but because I can't wait to love and nurture a little miracle that my significant other and I will have created. It truly is a miracle. I mean REALLY. The chances of an egg implanting aren't as great as one would think. But I digress. And I really should be studying anatomy instead of writing about it here, where no one reads or cares about it. So... off I go. Fa sho.

Love, peace
and chicken grease.

2 comments:

jhgfd said...

You're amazing...I really don't think anyone could ask for a better woman. You'll be an amazing mother Carinna.

Unknown said...

I concur. You, my child, will be a great Mom.