Time- 5:33 AM
Status- WIDE AWAKE
Problem- YES. It IS a problem.
This time normally doesn't exist for me. Well, actually it does. But I'm excluding those raaaaare times I've chosen to pull all-nighters. My body is no longer capable of so much awake time, which works out since I've fortunately managed to do my work on time (most of it). WHY AM I AWAKE?
Well, since I do not forsee any more sleep in my near future, I'll bring future Carinna and her readers up to speed with her present life. Yesterday was an amazing day! And as one of the amazing Dailey's pointed out to me, IT WAS A WEDNESDAY! Can you believe that?? Future Carinna, you had a GOOD Wednesday! You know, since normally Wednesdays (I could only assume) closely resemble days spent in Hell. A bit dramatic? I think not.
Morning: I had an interview for the office assistant position on campus and it went swimmingly. I got the job! The lady took a look at my sad resume and surprisingly was impressed! Which I suppose isn't too much of a surprise since the only other jobs I've had have been office assistant jobs... But anyway! I start Friday morning, YAY ME!
Afternoon: LAST DAY OF CHEM LAB! YAAAAAAY! This in itself is enough to make my day since I loooooathe chem lab. Surprisingly, it was one of the quickest labs we've gone through. Probably because I made sure to get started RIGHT AWAY. And the help of 3 other people in my group might have something to do with that as well...
Late afternoon but not quite evening: I napped in my car for 30 min. or less, couldn't take the heat. So I made my way to the library, checked my mail and found out that... ANATOMY LECTURE IS CANCELLED. Good Lord, seriously? Is this allowed? It's never been cancelled... Needless to say, I was thrilled to learn that Dr. Joy (whom, ironically is NOT a doctor of joy) cancelled class. YAAAAY.
Still not quite evening: I get home, play on facebook, talk to Jackie, and check my gmail. Because, duh, I'm a G. Anyway, I got an e-mail back from a babysitting job I had applied to the day before from a woman with 4 children (3 boys ages 3, 4, and 5 and 1 girl age 6, AHH I know) who needed a babysitter Friday evening and she asked if I was still available. So for any normal person with a brain, the answer would be either a polite "No" of some sort, no response, or a quick run in the other direction. But, being the nutcase I am, I decide to jump on this opportunity. Because, well, I'm a college student and... we're known to do just about anything for a quick buck. The pay sounds great, but I'm sure I'll learn what the REAL price is after having spent some time with these kids. Ha.
SO, are you keeping up? It's not that hard. Let me help you out.
One office assistant job + one babysitting job = 2 JOBS IN ONE DAY. Yes, that's correct. I'm that good. Ok, so they aren't the world's greatest jobs. But we're not focusing on the negative right now (we'll save that for next week... and the week after). TWO JOBS! That's two WHOLE jobs more than I had Tuesday. Amazing.
This concludes my amazing day. Which, to some, might not seem as great, but to me (someone who has THE most uneventful days and even weeks) THIS IS BIG. =D Big smiles today.
Ok, wide awake-ness has subsided. Fatigue is setting in. Back. to. bed. Good night, folks. Or good morning. Whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment